Teh Proclamation.

Hati Waja. Tendangan Tanpa Bayang. Syahdan. Sompet. Nostalgia, nostalgia.

Teh Herd.

02 June 2011

Temporomandibular Joint Disorder. God, I feel smart!

In 3 characters 
Wiki it. Temporomandibular Joint Disorder, or TMD for short, is basically having your jaw stuck from either closing or opening. Thank God I only suffer from opening, couldn't imagine having my jaw refuse from closing. I'm going to be looking like a goldfish  constantly gasping for air.

Urghh, I've first experienced it around 17 years old. It is like a family tradition, as some of my immediate family members had also experienced it. And here I am writing this post while having my jaw stuck since early February. That's about 3 months of constant pain every time I tried to open my mouth and tries to bite my food. I also feel like and idiot because only now do I have the smarts to actually google it after months of suffering. The title of this post is just my sarcasm kicking in, nothing more.

Now the best part, TMD, as I've found out after MINUTES of googling around the Net, is UN-CURABLE (at least by traditional medical practice) and may be PERMANENT. Even a surgery might not help. And now let us commence weeping for the rest of my life. There has been few methods advised, and some people has claimed that they work. Those methods involve into relaxing the jaw muscles so that the joints naturally clicks back into their original position. I've yet to try them, but by God I hope they work. Couldn't stand the pain any longer as one of its side effects is migraine... not margarine you idiot. Sorry, just have to let that one out.

Hey if you notice your jaws started to make funny noises whenever you open or close them, I advise that you go to an orthodontist and have them check. Trust me, you'll be thanking me if you know the pain it brings if you didn't have it fixed sooner. Freaking hurts. As in, ouch.

No comments: